Girl suicide bomber attacks mosque in northern CameroonSeptember 13, 2017 6:10pm

YAOUNDE, Cameroon (AP) — An official says a suicide attack by a girl at a mosque in northern Cameroon has killed at least four people near the border with Nigeria.

Cameroon's Far North governor Midjiyawa Bakari says the girl entered the mosque in Sanda-Wadjiri early Wednesday and detonated explosives. He would not give more details.

Residents say two other people wounded in the attack have since died.

The Nigeria-based Boko Haram extremist group attacks countries, including Cameroon, that contribute to a regional military force trying to eliminate the insurgency.

Boko Haram is increasingly using child bombers.

An Amnesty International report last week said nearly 400 people have died in Boko Haram suicide bombings in Cameroon and Nigeria since April. It said Cameroon has experienced at least one suicide attack per week.

Page 1 of 1

More Stories Like This

Boko Haram suicide attack kills at least 15 in north NigeriaA Nigerian rescue official says that at least 15 people have been killed and 43 others injured in a suicide attack on Mashimari village in Borno state
Pakistan: Attack at Afghan border kills 1, wounds 11A Pakistan government official says a suicide attack has killed one civilian and wounded 12 others attempting to target a paramilitary vehicle near the Chaman border crossing with Afghanistan
In this Tuesday, Aug. 29, 2017 photo made available by UNICEF, a boy displays a scar from a tracer bullet. in Mbuji Mayi, Kasai province, Democratic Republic of the Congo. Congo’s Kasai region is the latest deadly hotspot in the vast Central African country that has seen violent rebellions for decades. Once again, children are among the most vulnerable victims.  (Patrick Rose/UNICEF via AP)
Congo leader opens peace conference in bloody Kasai region
Philippines: 3 Marawi siege leaders dead, 2 still fightingThe Philippine military chief says three leaders of the Islamic State-linked militants who attacked a southern city have been killed in more than three months of fighting but two others are still alive and leading the fighting
Bossert out front as Trump's detail man on homeland threatsTom Bossert is President Donald Trump's detail man, the secretary of the nitty-gritty and a steady hand as the White House confronts a pair of monster hurricanes
Members of a family of 12 sit idle at the displaced persons' camp where they live and are stranded in Abayok, South Sudan Sunday, Aug. 20, 2017. South Sudan's independence from Sudan in 2011 drew thousands of people wanting to return to their hometowns in the world's newest nation, but civil war has stranded many of them for years in a border town, far from their families. (AP Photo/Sam Mednick)
Forgotten people stranded for years by South Sudan's war
AdChoices

Related Searches

Related Searches

AdChoices